Fundamentals of Business and Strategic Management I Module
This course provides a solid foundation to general management. In it you will examine the functions of management, the basic elements of planning, organising, leading, controlling, and how to deal with managing change.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe strategic management terminology and concepts;
- Describe the organisational environment;
- Explain the basic economic systems in which organisations operate;
- Explore the different forms of enterprise or legal ownership;
- Discuss the various management functions;
- Examine the roles of the different levels of management;
- Explain corporate social responsibility;
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles and concepts of emotional, spiritual and intellectual intelligences and their relevance to self and others;
- Explain strategic management terminology and concepts; and
- Describe change management processes.