Project Management I Module
Project management is a carefully planned and organised effort to accomplish a specific (and usually) one-time objective, for example, construct a building or implement a major new computer system.
This course focuses on essential project management concepts, tools and techniques. You will learn how to develop project plans, including defining and confirming project goals and objectives, identifying tasks and how goals will be achieved, quantifying the resources needed, and determining budgets and timelines for completion. You will also study project implementation, along with the management of performance, teams and stakeholders.
Upon completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain project management terminology, concepts, and definitions;
- Understand the skills and processes required to manage group dynamics and project teams effectively;
- Analyse problems which could be addressed through projects;
- Apply key project management tools and techniques such as formulating goals and objectives, work breakdown structures, Gantt charts and budgeting;
- List the tools to manage project time, scope, budget and quality;
- Identify and analyse appropriate stakeholders in the project management process; and
- List and discuss key project success and failure factors.