Marketing Management I Module
The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well that the product or service fits him and sells itself. Marketing, more than any other business function, deals with the customer. Marketing is about managing profitable customer relationships. The central idea underpinning it is matching a company’s capabilities with the wants of a customer in order to achieve the objectives of both parties.
This module covers the basics of marketing, concentrating on the principles and definitions of marketing, and introduces you to customer behaviour before walking you through environmental analysis, market segmentation, developing a product mix strategy, and promotion, pricing and distribution channel planning.
Upon completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain marketing terminology, concepts and definitions;
- Describe principles of customer buying behaviour;
- Explain market competition analysis;
- Apply market segmentation principles;
- Develop a simple product mix strategy;
- Develop product distribution plan;
- Develop product promotion strategy;
- Explain product pricing principles; and
- Develop a simple marketing strategy.