Information and Communications Technology II Module
Managing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in an organisation is not the sole domain of ICT managers. Each manager has to understand how to manage the information in their unit to ensure that their teams can communicate with internal and external clients efficiently and effectively.
This course deals with handling ICT and business intelligence in an organisation. We will examine processes and management systems; evaluate how ICT can be integrated with business processes, discuss business process re-engineering and enterprise resource planning; and discuss the process of developing an ICT strategy.
Upon completing this course, students should be able to:
- Explain ICT concepts, terminology and definitions
- Understand the role and importance of information and communication technology in management
- Describe international trends, eg e-government, in using ICT to improve service delivery
- Identify key challenges in integrating ICT with business processes and management systems
- Explain the potential use and application of databases and call centres in improving customer relations management