Financial Managemement I Module
This module will equip you with foundational financial management skills and introduce you to the concepts and principles of, as well as tools and techniques used in, financial management and analysis.
You should emerge from this course familiar with financial planning techniques, and able to analyse and interpret financial statements.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the core functions of financial management;
- Outline the framework for financial reporting;
- Explain financial management terminology, concepts and principles;
- Apply various financial planning techniques including budgeting and variance analysis, cash planning and capital budgeting;
- Analyse and interpret financial statements including the statement of financial position, statement of comprehensive income, and statement of cash flows;
- Apply ratio analysis to financial statements; and
- Appreciate advantages and limitations of ratio analysis.